Dear Timekeepers and Payroll Managers,
Join us tomorrow at 2pm for our Curtailment Mini Tune-Up session! We will be covering the following information for timecard entries and sign off requirements during winter holiday curtailment.
BIWEEKLY PAYROLL PROCESSING DEADLINES:
In December, sign off deadlines for biweekly payroll uploads are:
Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 11:00 am: PPE 12/10/2022 sign off deadline
Tuesday, December 27, 2022 at 11:00 am: PPE 12/24/2022 sign off deadline
As the sign off deadline on December 27 occurs during winter holiday curtailment, the Kronos Administrators will be enabling the capability to sign off Current Pay Period in Kronos. Departments will be able to proactively complete sign off for PPE 12/24/2022 before leaving for the holidays. This capability will be available for use starting December 15, 2022 11:00 am until December 22, 2022 5:00 pm.
Departments on hard closures and not available on December 27 for sign off must do the following:
- Ensure all biweekly employees complete and approve their timecards documenting all hours worked and leave taken, including curtailment leave for the entire pay period (12/11 – 12/24) before leaving for the holidays.
- Department Payroll Manager signs off biweekly timecards for PPE 12/24 before leaving for the holidays.
- In Pay Period Close, be sure to switch the default date reference from Previous Pay Period to Current Pay Period.
- Review and sign off timecards from genie or timecard.
- Refresh Pay Period Close for Current Pay Period and review sign off column to ensure check mark indicators are present.
Any biweekly timecards NOT signed off will result in missed pay.
CURTAILMENT TIMECARD PROCEDURES:
If your department has hard closure dates during the upcoming December holiday curtailment period, an employee can take leave no salary without affecting leave accruals or borrow vacation if they have insufficient leave balances. These options are limited to the number of days allowed per the employee’s contract. Please reference the 2022 memo from HR for more information.
TAKING LEAVE WITHOUT SALARY:
Either you or the employee’s manager should code all leave without salary on the employee’s timecard during this curtailment period. For any employee wishing to take leave without salary during curtailment, specify pay code LNS Curtailment and the quantity of hours on the timecard. This pay code will be available for use starting December 15, 2022 11:00 am until January 10, 2023 11:00 am. Pay code LNS Curtailment does not reduce accruals, and should be limited to the number of days allowed per the employee’s contract for hard closure dates. If employee needs additional leave without salary, do the following:
- Hourly employees: Enter nothing on the timecard. Employees are only paid for hours recorded.
- Salaried employees: Enter pay code Leave No Sal and the quantity of hours to reduce pay and accruals.
Electronic Timekeeping allows vacation overdrafts of an additional 3 days (24 hours) during holiday curtailment. Employees may enter vacation amounts greater than their balance during the following time frame: December 15, 2022 11:00 am through January 4, 2023 12:00 pm. Monthly employees must enter their vacation usage for December prior to January 4, 2023 12:00 pm.
If you have any questions or problems updating timecards for holiday curtailment activity or signing off Current Pay Period, please submit an Electronic Timekeeping ticket at ithelp.ucsb.edu, or call the Service Desk at (805) 893-5000.